Wednesday 3 April 2013

Hello and Welcome!

Hi, and welcome to my shiny new blog!

As a Toastmaster of many years with - here come the acronyms! -  CC (Competent Communicator) and ALB (Advanced Leader Bronze) achievements up my sleeve, I figured it was time to give something back by mentoring new Toastmasters via a blog.

By the way, I've also been a (face to face) mentor, Vice President of PR and Vice President of Membership, plus Newsletter publisher in my local club - so I know all the ins and outs of a Toastmasters club in addition to the speaking bit. 

Here's what I aim to teach you over the next few blog posts:
  • I'll provide you with simple, easy-to-follow tips for each project in the CC manual
  • I'll show you videos of each of my CC speeches - analysing certain parts as we go along and providing you with real-life examples of "what works" and "what not to do"
  • I'll point you to other helpful websites for further information, and lastly,
  • I'll show you some of my favourite speeches and explain why they are great!
Excited yet? You should be. The Toastmasters CC manual journey is an exciting one and you're sure to pick up lots of new skills along the way. Get ready for Project #1, The Icebreaker...  

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sam,

    A big applause for your passion to guide and coach beginners to toastmasters club. I glanced your blog and found out that it has valuable tips with real videos of each speech. It's awesome. Well done!

    Rgds, Scott

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Scott, thanks for your comment. It's great to have feedback!

      Delete