Thursday 4 April 2013

Before We Begin (The "Disclaimer")

I know, I know - I talked myself up in my last post. But now I'm here to talk myself down. You need to be aware before we start that I don't know everything there is to know about public speaking. It's an ongoing journey and I'm still learning, just like you.

The only difference between myself and you is that I have worked my way through the CC manual and come out the other end. You're either a beginner, or you're in the middle of getting through it. I know the territory so I will point things out before you get there so you know what you're in for. That is all. It's kind of like having a signpost, guidebook, and map with you at all times...Well, kind of.


Also, my advice (however wonderful it may be) is no substitute for a mentor in your own club. My blog should be an additional resource that you can use when you need it, and for no longer. If you don't have a mentor yet, talk to your VPE (Vice President of Education), and they can arrange one for you.

Lastly, the official Toastmasters International website is a fantastic resource that I suggest you check out if you haven't already done so.

No comments:

Post a Comment